File include features

Inlage 5 will come up with some new functions for projects and file handling!

If CTRL is pressed, file inclusions and references will become links. You can jump to the definition or open a file:

filelinks

The autocompletion helps to browse your folder and gives the possibiliy to create a new LaTeX or BibTeX file:

fileinclude

17 Responses to “File include features”

1. Ben says:

Looks good, can’t wait for V5

2. Marc says:

Hi! When will version 5 be released? I’m writing my PhD thesis in Inlage and could really use some of the new features :-) Thanks.

I’m sorry, I have to complete an other project first.

4. Ben says:

will the \include autocompletion be extended to \subfile as well?

5. Dr. Harish Kumar says:

Dear Nils,
    Good job you are doing out there. I would like to put forth some feature requests that, IMHO, add feathers to the crown of Inlage.
    1. Pl. provide a toolbar option to run biber, MakeNomenclature, MakeNomentable, and Glossaries. The biber toolbar can be added alongside bibtex in a dropdown menu where as the glossaries, MakeNomenclature, and MakeNomentable can be in one drop down menu as they do similar jobs.
    2. Adding a wizard to tasks like user menu (commands) etc will be handy for novices.
    (Like in texmaker)
    3. Is it possible to allow advanced users to customize the menus (Main and toolbar etc) like in winedt?
    4. I think the tools for xe(la)tex, xe(la)texify, pdf(La)texify (winedt like), Lua(La)TeX, Lua(La)Texify etc are the options which are missing in Inlage currently.
    5. How about latex to html conversion toolbars?

….to be continued if you don’t mind please.

Thanks a lot.

6. Roland says:

Nice!

Oh I want to point out a annoying behavior of the auto-complete!

If one writes macro such as \big{ Inlage will change that to \bigcap{
    This affects many other commands where the first few characters are shared but not in the Inlage recognized list. It becomes very annoying as one has to constantly backspace and correct. Auto-completion should only be triggered by tab key or enter key, but not { key.

7. B says:

It’s best to have an option to change the behavior of the editor in the way you want it to be.

8. Espen says:

It should be possible to undock the main editor tabs, thus enabling users to see multiple documents at the same time.

9. Roland says:

So when can we expect the new version? :D

10. Josh says:

Somehow I begin to doubt whether there will be a new version at all…

11. Jan says:

Let me quote the author:
    #
    I’m sorry, I have to complete an other project first.
    #

It’s done when it’s done.

You paid for version 4, so be happy with it.

12. Josh says:

It is also a question of the information policy of the author. An update every two months is not exactly frequent. And you are mistaken, I did not only pay for version 4, I also paid for “every future version for free”.

13. Jan says:

yeah of course it is of the information policy. What I meant is you paid because you were satisfied with version 4, so the need for a newer version is not that urgent unless it offers new features, which need time.

14. B says:

The new version is a total rewritten of the program, so please be patient. I’m sure it will be great! I think Inlage is still miles ahead other programs.

15. click here says:

Howdy I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by accident, while
    I was searching on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a fantastic post
    and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have book-marked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic
    job.

Here is my web-site … click here

16. Sergio says:

First oof all I would like to say terrific blog!
    I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you do
    not mind. I was curious to know how you enter yourself and clear
    your mind prior to writing. I have had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out.
    I truly do take pleasure in writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted simply just trying to figure out how to begin.Anyy recommendations or tips?
    Kudos!

17. Anke says:

fantastic submit, very informative. I’m wondering why the other specialists of this sector don’t understand this.

You should continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!