New paste features

Paste equations from Word, Mathematica, …
Paste Equations
Paste images from Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, …
Paste Images
Paste tables from Calc, Excel, …
Paste Tables
Resulting LaTeX
Resulting LaTeX

15 Responses to “New paste features”

1. Christian says:

Exciting stuff! Looking forward to version 5…

Why different commands? Shouldn’t it be possible to detect what is on the clipboard?

I think this is possible, but I’ll keep different buttons in the main menu.

4. Brian says:

I think that the resulting equation should be \left(…\right) instead of \left.

@Petter: extra buttons because e.g. Excel is copying plain text, CSV and an image to the clipboard, but I think in case of LaTeX writing it’s obviously how it should be handled by default.

6. Wolf says:

Looking forward for the equations. Why not also an own equation editor? Do you also have an twitter channel for these news?

I think it’s better if you have compatibility with other equation editors where people know how to use them and can convert to LaTeX.
    There’s no Twitter channel, but Facebook for similar news and RSS of this blog: http://www.inlage.com/news/?feed=rss2

8. Dayat says:

Can’t wait for the next version …!! Hopefully with better paragraph rewrap capability

paragraph rewrap?

10. Dayat says:

I mean, it would be better if we can fix length of characters for each line. Furthermore, for example, we add some words in the middle of a paragraph. Because of the fix length of the characters, the words go down and left some spaces that are not filled with words. If the spaces can be filled automatically by the words from the line below the line with the empty spaces, then it would be a very nice feature.

11. Jon says:

Speaking of pasting, is it possible to turn off the auto-paste option?
    Right now, whenever I click Ctrl+C on an equation (Mathtype, Word, etc…) the code automatically gets copied into Inlage. Today I was working on a different word document, and my Inlage project got filled with junk because I was copying equations around in word…

12. Asem says:

Hi, I am new – The new paste features work for version 4 or not? I’ve tried but I can not see paste special! I’ve got only paste table.. Thanks

@Dayat: I’m not sure what you are talking about. Please send me an email with a screenshot for example. Thanks.
    @Jon: you can create a file named disableMML in your AppData/Roamin/Inlage folder. This is a known bug and fixed by these new features.
    @Asem: In Inlage 4 only the paste table feature is available.

14. abhilash sukumari says:

Excellent! I use mathematica so often. And this is really going to be an awesome feature. Waiting for the next release.

Hopefully it will be out asap Good Luck