User Commands

I added a feature that allows you to save and execute command lines in Inlage (e.g. for MakeIndex).

Inlage 4.6.4

11 Responses to “User Commands”

1. michaelf says:

hi,

i got two remarks in my feedback for today ;-)

first: how do i specify argument variables for my user command, e.g. file name? or how is it solved for several files?

2nd: is it even possible to implement a SVN support, like TortoiseSVN? this extra feature has nothing to do with the user commands so far :-)

kind regards,

2. MonoMono says:

Hello,

Just offering a little feedback as well. I have noticed that there is a setting for “Math Mode” under the spell checker config screen. I just wondered that since it appears to relate to font and colour that perhaps it should be under the Appearance tab on the main config screen? I mention this because I was looking for this setting and only tried the Spell checker because I had tried everything else.

Hope this is some help.

Kind regards

3. Nils Keller says:

I’m not sure what is meaned with the file name. I’m not using such scripts, so I don’t know what you need. Something like ‘%’ that pastes the file name of the active document into the command line?

I’m sorry, SVN support is not planned yet.

The settings menu had no space so I added it to the spell checker because checking the math mode is similar. But I think the settings dialog will get an update in some future version.

Nils: I think what Michael means is that usually the command one wants to run depends of the name of the active file or project. E.g. the makeindex command would be specified as

makeindex %M%m

Where

%m =
    %M =

Other useful values could be

%f =
    %p =
    %P =

Such commands are a nice feature to have, but not essential to me. I don’t run makeindex or other commands that often.

It’s not possible to type > or <

6. Kay says:

Hello,

I updated to the new version and afterwards it wasn’t possible to open the project files anymore. I only got the error message that this is not a valid Inlage project file. I tried to create a new one but it never opened correctly and the containing xml was empty.

Cheers,

Kay

7. Nils Keller says:

I added the feature that you can use %f for active filename and %p for the active path.

Is the “active filename” the current file in the editor or the main file of the project? I imagine the latter would be more useful.

9. Nils Keller says:

Okay, I was waiting for that question because I dont know if you use such scripts also for specific files in project or want to use the masterfile then. So Inlage should do the second. New version is up.

10. Mikael says:

Thanks for the realy fast updates. It is not many programs that keep this level of consistancy event at much higher expenses. You doing a great job and you can easely charge more for this level of suport when the project realy picks up speed.

11. Stefan says:

would be nice if there was such a thing as %g %f etc for Bibtex since i write my auxiliary output files in different directories.

I couldn’t open file name `%f.aux’