Last update in 2010

I think I fixed all bugs that are discussed in the news and in emails. Please note the following things:

- pdflatex has a very complicated and confusing output and maybe I did not include all types of messages because I don’t know them. Let me know if you find some, but don’t write the topic “Inlage has a bug”, please.

- the console is not the normal windows command prompt. Not all environment variables are supported and the completion pressing “tab” is not so good like in linux for sure. But remember that Inlage is a LaTeX editor, the console is just a small feature.

At least the most important thing:

Inlage 4 is feature complete now! There are no more milestones, so please don’t ask for new features. If there is time for including new functions in Inlage I’ll let you know… I have a lot of ideas, too!

Thank you all for supporting my project (especially the persons that don’t stop sending bug reports ;) )

Download

9 Responses to “Last update in 2010”

If one uses a “.synctex.gz” file instead of a “.synctex” file, one has to press F9 in the main project file. Pressing F9 with the cursor in any chapter tex files results in an error.

The pdflatex output parser sometimes crashes Inlage. I’ve sent a couple of crash reports.

3. Kim says:

I have the same problem for files that worked well in last version: crash

I’m not sure my crash reports arrive. I click ‘yes’ to send the exception report but I cannot see any data being transferred in the Task Manager and Inlage completely crashes shortly after. I have had to stop using Inlage to compile my document and go back to the command line. My main project is crashing 100% of the time.

Working on it…

Could you send me the files via Email, that crashes the ouput parser, please?

You can use Inlage 4.4 until this bug is fixed.

A new version is uploaded.

Well, at least it can compile my project without crashing now. However, it does so while using a lot of CPU — even more than pdflatex itself at times. There are still problems with filenames sometimes appearing as “filename.ext)” in the Report, i.e. with a trailing right parenthesis.

It should be clear, that it needs more cpu than pdflatex itself. I wrote a new parser that is faster and has no bugs (I hope).