Inlage 4.5 release

Inlage 4.5 is ready now and I hope there are no more bugs. If you use an older Inlage version reset the layout to get the console window.

New features:

- project generation with masterfiles
- better error/warning list (masterfiles)
- console window
- autocompletion for projects with masterfiles
- race condition bugfixes
- ps2pdf support

Older Inlage projects are not supported.

Download here.

10 Responses to “Inlage 4.5 release”

1. Michael F says:

Hi,

the version 4.5 is crashing permanently while working within a project, especially opening a file of the project.
    i’ve resetted the layout after installing the 4.5 version (updated from version 4.4).
    in 4.4 i created a project file (without a master file) and in 4.5 i set a master file, so that i were able to use my old project file.
    so i’m not sure if this is the source of the crashes.

thx for replies.

2. Axel says:

Hi,

I just found the tool and really like it. So I bought the full version. One problem I noticed: When you compile a project with F5 and the latex compiler returns an error, the next time you hit F5 you get a message box saying that a compilation process is still running, which is obviously incorrect.

Keep up the great work!

Axel: Well, technically pdflatex is still running and waiting for you to take action on the error.

I really recommend running pdflatex with the switch “-interaction=nonstopmode”. That way, the compilation will always finish without interaction and you can fix any errors that show up in the report.

I installed the latest version of Inlage (displayed as 4.5.2). It is completely unusable. Once any document is opened, even changing lines in the editor takes more than a second. Navigating menus is close to impossible.

Now, a couple of hours later it seems to be working. Hmm.

That’s strange. I have no idea what could be the problem… I will add the nonstopmode and fix some other problems. I will upload a more stable version in the next days…

Thanks for you comments.

7. Axel says:

Petter: Thanks, I didn’t know that. Setting the nonstopmode flag solved the problem. I agree that this should be the default. You might also consider adding the “–synctex=-1″ flag by default. Otherwise, you always get an error that the synctex-file is not found if you press F9 or even F10.

8. Axel says:

In some files, pressing CTRL+H reproducably crashes Inlarge. No exception dialog is shown. This only happens in those files if you scroll to the bottom — it does not happen if you view the top or middle of the file. I attached the visual studio debugger to get the exception details, though it doesn’t seem to be Inlage’s fault.

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
    Message=Trying to build visual line from collapsed line
    Source=ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit

Synctex should not be default. On the one hand because not all poeple use it and on the other hand because you can’t compile files with blanks in the filename if you use it. That would be bad for beginners, who don’t know that…

I’m sorry but I don’t get the exception – it’s part of AvalonEdit