Inlage 4.3

I hope with this version nobody has any problems with the spell checker…

New features:

- squiggly underlines for the spellchecker
- only text commands will have its argument checked (list)
- highlight math mode in bold
- set up a color for commands that start or end the math mode

Performance fixes:

- higher compile speed
- higher search speed

Download Inlage 4.3

9 Responses to “Inlage 4.3”

1. Matse says:

Great update!
    Especially the spellchecker seems very fine for me now. I have one little thing to report: you added “scrreport” it should be “scrreprt” – I guess I mixed it up in an earlier post, too.
    Another question: Is it possible to close all the code-folding “brackets” at once? Because if I open an document they are all open an I prefer to close all of them (all the equations and all the stuff).
    Greetings
    Matse

Great update, although there still are a couple of issues:

* It is sometimes close to impossible to right-click a misspelled word. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.
    Test case: start a new document, type “Test 3d test”. It now seems impossible to right-click the word “3d”.

* If the LaTeX compilation stops on an error, it is impossible to scroll up. It always auto-scrolls down within a split second.

But most importantly: performance. The application is now very slow. I have now started using Inlage for actual writing instead of just trying it out and this is really noticeable. Just pressing and holding a single key required 40% of my 4 CPU cores. Trying the same thing with Notepad, Word or any other editor gives 0-1%.
    It may not be a big deal on my desktop, but on my laptop it is really annoying with the fans having to cool the computer and the battery draining faster.

scrreprt: fixed
    collapse/expand foldings: added (edit menu)
    right-click matching: fixed
    log scrolling: fixed

I’m sorry but I dont see how to enhance the performance easily. You should deactivate the spell-checker when you are using your laptop without the power cable.

I’m sorry, but I think you have to admit that if you want a intelligent spell checker.

The spell checker has a lot of things to do like checking the comands if they can have text in its argument and remember: It has to find all matching brackets for knowing which text is in there and maybe check it… So its not a normal spell checker like you have in Word that WYSIWYG is.

And why do you think you can compare the cpu usage of Inlage with Notepad? Notepad doesnt have spell checking, Notepad is just a textbox, why should it take > 1% cpu usage? That’s a quite illogical comparison.

EDIT:
    I tried to make it faster and I came to the solution that its NOT a problem of the spellchecker. I tested it a lot and I think you can’t write so fast that Inlage has more than 20% cpu usage. I don’t think you are writing papers with holding one key pressed ;)

I’m working on a Core2Duo 2,2 Ghz and Inlage wont take more than 10-20% if I write really fast (with less misspelling, because that also slows down, of cause)

I agree that it’s not the spell checker. I never said it was. As for the performance issue: I emailed you about it. It’s not just typing with a key pressed down. That was just one example.

6. Gabriel says:

Oh man so awesome! Something I was keeping texnicenter around for … it doesn’t seem to spell check words like doesn’t isn’t as it thinks the splits the word before the apostrophe.

Thank you for telling that. It’s fixed now.

8. Gabriel says:

speaking of doesn’t, on the page http://www.inlage.com/get doesn’t is misspelled doesn …