Autocompletion supports BibTeX

Because I’m writing on my own master-thesis, I recognized that the command \cite should be added to the autocompletion. I did.

I think you’ll like that!

15 Responses to “Autocompletion supports BibTeX”

This feature is not working for me. Is it because I am doing

\bibliography{bibfile1,bibfile2}

?

2. Gabriel says:

Does this support natbib citations (ie \citet, \citep) as I use this format extensively.

No, I’m sorry.

4. Gabriel says:

curses… I figure you will add it when you plan to publish your thesis ;-) Great program, purchased it today and am blown away by it. At risk of being needy, would this be hard to add? It would work identically to \cite command completion so I imagine you would just need to match for \citep and \citet, the fancier features of natbib seem less pressing.

I added that. The autocompletion also supports multiple citations, now: The list will open again if you press “,” in the citet/citep command.

Support for harvard.sty citations would also be very useful. One important command is: \citeasnoun

You could have it as an XML file for users to edit, e.g.:

cite
    citep
    citet
    citeasnoun

ref
    eqref
    pageref

Right now I am using \cite to get the command completion and then changing it to \citeasnoun afterwards.

Okay, it’s added.

OK, my post above got mangled. You’d probably want to handle > and < in the posts here.

I see. Maybe I’ll add this in a future version.

10. Troels says:

The autocompletion does not work when i have \bibliography{mybib} in the main document, and a \cite{ command in a separate file (test.tex) even though i add the file via \input{test.tex}. Am i doing somthing wrong? or is it a bug? or not intended to work this way?

Masterfiles are not supported yet.

12. Troels says:

I don’t know if you have changed this. But \cite command actualy works in the file test.tex (se my post above) if you just ad %\bibliography{mybib} to the end of the document, eventhoug it is commented out!
    just a simple workaround

It’s changed now.

14. Jon says:

Can this feature work when your bib file is in a different directory to the tex file? bibtex can read the bib file if you specify its directory with –include-directory=

So far I’ve only got bibtex completionh working when the bib file is in the same directory as the tex file